Friday, November 24, 2006

jawa,soda blasting and 23mm sockets

Sorry about the lag between posts
First a little house keeping
Steve here are the photos of the Air Box on the Jawa




I put my blast cabinet together finnaly, light does not work and it leaks abrasive out of every seam, the old saying is right you get what you pay for...

I will be sealing all the seams with bathroom caulk to stop the leaks
I decided to go the route of soda blasting, not as aggressive as sand or slag but when I am done all I have to do is submerge the part in water and the soda will dissolve.
Stripped all the goop off of one of the side covers nicely, I can see that I will be limited by the size of my compressor.
I decided to get my hands dirty so I broke open the clymers and got to the step of taking the clutch basket apart bent the tabs back on the washer to find the nut is a 23mm. guess what I don't have in my set, yup I have a 22mm and a 24mm and no way was I going to go to Sears to fight the mad house for the socket.
I don't have the retaining tool can I put a rag in the gears to stop the rotation or is there a better method.
Is that tool still available?
took the rotary cover off on the oil pump side and noticed some scoring not deep but visible any thoughts?




No comments: