Sunday, May 03, 2009

Rain ruined a good Sunday










My nemesis for the day was the pedal support sub structure and the M/C's
first I wanted to remove the Brake M/C I have Metric Flare wrenches but guess what only one fitting was metric, now I need to by a tool - oh the pain
so the next move was to unbolt the M/C's and pull the pedal support
pedals came out with no effort
bolt-washer-Frame-bushing-washer-spacer-washer-bushing-frame-washer-lockwasher-nut
Another item that needs to make an appearance in the sandblasting cabinet
most of my time was spent trying to get my hand and a wrench in to the support box the undo the M/C bolts - longer ones are on the top
and then all the bolts holding this to the body
I do know that the one located at 5 o'clock on the layout will be replaced with a cap hex head - talk about no clearance!
well as you can see in the photos this area was soaked in Hydraulic Fluid
clean that up an closed everything off because "the rain is a coming"

No comments: